Dear colleagues,

Dean has already made clear, in a previous exchange on this list, that
he does not think draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations in
any revision, past or future, can be made to address his concerns; my
understanding is that this is why he has offered an alternative draft
to be regarded as "completely alternate text".  Therefore, I will not
address the arguments about spam scoring in this thread.  But I do
want to address something else that has come up:

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:33:53AM -0400, Robert Story wrote:

> You appear to want this draft to represent a perfect utopian world,
> where the authors and other proponents of the draft want to represent
> the real world.

This draft is currently a working group draft, and therefore the
author of the draft is the _working group_.  Daniel and I are merely
editors, and are earnest in our efforts to make the draft say what the
broad consensus in the working group is.  This is the reason why, if
you are participating in the WG and have comments about the draft as
it stands, you should send your comments either to the list or, if you
feel more comfortable with it, directly to me.  (I have a strong
preference for the "to the list" option, but I understand that not
everyone will feel comfortable sending comments publicly, especially
in the case of a draft that appears to be contentious.)

In light of several comments that we have received, both here on the
list (thank you!) and privately, especially at the recent Prague
meeting, we will attempt to revise the draft again.  That said,
comments on the current version are very much solicited, because your
editors would very much like to reduce the number of re-drafts
necessary.  More comments == larger basis on which to make judgements.

Thanks!

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110