On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Doug Barton wrote:

I think this also opens up a question about the motivation for this
draft. Is it primarily to reduce spurious traffic to the roots and/or
AS112 (certainly a noble goal, don't get me wrong), or is it primarily
to aid operators in configuring helpful defaults? If the latter I

Putting on my AS112 hat on:  Yes.  Taking it off, yes to both questions.

Section 4.3
[snipping out proposed inclusion of other space.]

I think I know the gist of what you're trying to do here.

W.r.t inclusion of other address space in the amended and proposed new sections, I would say that including *reserved* space as opposed to *unallocated* space is a good idea in principle. I make this distinction, because I would hate to see this draft go to the other extreme and propose to create a DNS version of a 'bogon-prefix-list', as unallocated space does tend to get allocated, and people's bogon filters don't rapidly change to suit. This creates all sorts of nifty routing problems. :-)

wfms