On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 03:53:12PM -0500, Dave Crocker wrote:

> As we've discussed privately, this seems to be a relatively straightforward
> trade-off between cleanliness of the design versus number of tables that
> IANA will have to maintain.  But by straightforward, I mean that
> understanding the choice is easy, not that making the decision is.

Right. As I said, while I don't like it, I can't think of anything
better given the other goals and limitations (like the inability to go
back in time and tell the underscore users to pick one convention and
stick to it.  That darned arrow of time).

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110