On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:09:50AM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Ted Lemon wrote:
>
> > On Aug 19, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Dean Anderson wrote:
> > > A verifying
> > > DNSSEC cache can be poised with bad glue records using the poisoning
> > > attack, with only a slight change to the Kaminsky software.
> >
> > Do you mean that it can be convinced that an answer is valid when it
> > is not?
>
> I mean that a validating cache can be convinced to think that a
> delegation is unsigned by getting unsigned glue records without a DS
> record.  This glue can refer to a working (bogus) nameserver, or it can
> be a DOS on the delegation.  I might try to demonstrate this by running
> code next week sometime.

Even knowing that this will probably ruin our deprive of your company
for the following week I'll point you out to carefully read 4035
sections 3.1.4, 4 and 5.

If the child is signed the DS is mandatory with the referrals, if it's
not signed the NSEC that proofs it's inexistence is mandatory. So
you'll still need to make the RRSIG for the NSEC, and AFAIK you'll
need access to the parents private key to make it happen.

Fred