On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 01:22:41PM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:

>       Which is why I said look at SE and BR.  Their response
>       profile to DO queries will be the same as the roots assuming
>       you choose similar key sizes.

See, I think this premise is one for which we have very close to no
evidence right now.  But I know how we could get it.  If SE or BR (or
both) have traffic samples from before they signed, and from after,
then we (well, someone else -- I'm not volunteering.  But this seems
like a good OARC project) could compare the profiles of those data
sets to current root data sets.  Maybe we would learn what
differences, if any, there are.

Just asserting that the root traffic and some existing TLD's traffic
are the same does not make it so, and I can think of several reasons
why the analogy between SE or BR and . would fail.  It seems prudent
to me to try to understand what differences, if any, there are.  When
.org is signed, that will be another opportunity to compare things as
well, I guess.

Andrew Sullivan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+1 503 667 4564 x104