On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 02:44:08PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> I don't think I can give the exact correct mathematics without using a
> book--and I don't have my crypto library right now--so I'll try to
> armwave a bit:

If you're claiming that, after 10 years and review unto death, people
with significant profile in the crypto community got the math wrong, I
don't think you're going to get a warm reception.  I think you need to
demonstrate that there is an actual problem.  Certainly, we'll need an
argument somewhat stronger than, "The math could be wrong somewhere."

I seem to remember you were going to spend this week producing a
demonstration of an actual attack.  It's early days yet; DNSSEC is not
widely deployed.  If you have such an attack, it would be a really
significant service to all DNS operators to demonstrate it.  To be
clear, I'm not being even a little bit sarcastic: if you have such an
attack, and it's not something that is already well-understood about
the protocol, I believe that everyone wants to see it as soon as
possible.  I encourage you to perform your demonstration.

Andrew Sullivan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/