On 2 Sep 2008, at 11:04, Dean Anderson wrote:

>>> There is no harm in public resolvers.
>>
>> Not to the people running the resolvers, usually, no.
>
> There is "usually" no harm to anyone from open resolvers. No one has
> reported any further attacks since this draft was conceived.

That is not true. It's possible that the forums in which such attacks
are discussed are not available to you, of course. I say that not as
some kind of thinly-veiled attack, but merely as an observation that
security ops forums tend not to be public.

> I note
> that there have been no substantive answers to any of the questions I
> raised, just platitudes and personal attacks.

Oh, I didn't notice any questions. In any case, I was only responding
to what I saw as factual errors. And I was serious about the t-shirt,
if the price is reasonable. XXL, thanks.

Joe