On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 10:58:58PM -0800, SM wrote:

> The title of the document is "Top Level Domain Name Specification".  If
> it is about gTLDs, some may see this as a matter for some other
> organization instead of the IETF.  Section 4 of the draft requests IANA
> to change its registration process to use the specification.  Is the
> registration process set by the IETF or an other organization?

I'm not sure I understand the worry here: the document reads perfectly
clearly, to my eyes, that other organizations may have something to
say about actual TLDs; the draft is only about the _technical_
specification of what may be in the TLD.

> According to Section 2 of draft-liman-tld-names-00, the top level domain
> label can be numeric only.

No: 'and it MUST start with an ASCII "letter"'.  Therefore, it can't
be numeric only.  In another thread I've been playing devil's
advocate, attempting to see if there is any argument for weakening
that position.  So far, none, I'm delighted to say.

Andrew Sullivan
a...@shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.