Hi,

I have just encountered strange thing:

> > > security.eu.debian.org mail is handled by 0 .
> >
> > I am not sure if pointing MX record to other peoples zone is good idea.
> > And the root zone has it's own deal of DoS attack even without random
> > MXes pointing into it.
>
> "MX 0 ." is the standard way of saying "we don't do email".

Does anybody have an experience with that? How different MTAs behave?
How does bots behave? My opinion is that it can trigger IN A(AAA) requests
to a root zone in some cases, but there could be RFC I am not aware of which
defines this thing as "standard".

Ondrej
--
Ondrej Sury
technicky reditel/Chief Technical Officer