At 00:56 27/07/2009, venkatesh.bs wrote:
Hi all,
I have one query regarding DNS cache maintaince in dns resolver, Whether DNS Cache should be based on per server address or based on FQDN only.

DNS caches MUST cache by the holy DNS Trinity:
        Query Name, Query Type, Query Class
DNSSEC aware caches the cache should remember the setting of the
DO bit in the answer.
There is no need to remember where the answer came from.

If a new query matches what is in the cache then it can be reused.

        Olafur

1. Query1: Domain name: "google.com" DNS IP: DNS_SERVER_1 - result will be stored in DNS Cache
Meanwhile,DNS Server IP got changed.
2. Query2: Domain name: "google.com" DNS IP: DNS_SERVER_2 - Should we have to query to DNS Server 2? or Should we have to get it from DNS Cache?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Venkatesh.