Joe Abley wrote:

On 25-Aug-2009, at 15:13, Todd Glassey wrote:

Joe Abley wrote:

This is all very interesting speculation, but I'm not sure I understand how the use of old keys for forensic purposes relates to the problem of trying to establish a new trust anchor after a period of disconnection.

Joe  THIS IS NOT SPECULATION... its preparing for Court [...]

Thank you for clearly framing your concerns.
You are welcome - and its time this standards process was focused on what we as technologists need to meet today's hurdles than in deploying technology which we try and hold the world hostage to force their acceptance of.

Todd Glassey

Joe