On 2/23/2010 1:40 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:
> 4641bis is "DNSSEC Operational Practices". Why add something and then
> immediatley say "SHOULD NOT be a factor"?

You snipped the bit that answered this question. The fact that very
smart people who know the protocol well even took time to discuss the
issue is (in my mind) a clear indication that the topic is worth
mentioning in a document that describes "DNSSEC Operational Practices."
By explicitly mentioning the issue, providing a clear statement that it
should not be a factor, and a reference to the details of why, we
provide a service to all of the people who do not know the subject
matter as well as we do who run the risk of being taken in by FUD.

Please keep in mind who the target audience is.

Doug

                        -- Propellerheads