Any host that sends its AAAA queries over IPv4 would lose
IPv6 connectivity.  That includes common configurations of
hosts doing 6to4, Teredo, Windows XP, ISATAP, and any that
-- for whatever reasons -- are using an IPv4 DNS server instead
of an IPv6 DNS server.  On many OSs, the DNS server list is
just a simple list and all DNS queries are sent to the
same DNS server.  This is an issue with split-zone DNS and
multiple interfaces (in the MIF working group), but split-zone
DNS is another topic for another time.  Igor's proposal
requires, effectively, accelerating host modifications to
perform A queries over an IPv4 interface and AAAA queries
over an IPv6 interface, which MIF is working on.  How IPv6
DNS servers are configured is another problem with RFC5006
being experimental (which is being fixed) and lack of
RFC5006 implementations in routers (I know Cisco, and perhaps
others, lack RFC5006).

-d