On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Joe Abley <jab...@hopcount.ca> wrote:

> On 2010-10-03, at 12:32, Eric Rescorla wrote:
>
> > Why?
>
> Are you asking because you've reviewed those discussions and have issues
> with them, or because you didn't review those discussions?

I'm asking because I'm pretty familiar with cryptography and I know that
keys don't suddenly become
worthless just because they get past their intended use lifetime. The
semantics of signature
security of old keys is a lot more complicated than that.

If there's some particular discussion that you'd like me to review that
makes the case that
this is different, please point me at it.

> I'm not entirely sure the answer shouldn't be "because we manage the keys,
> and we say so" actually.

If that's the answer, then I most certainly do not agree.

-Ekr