Michael and all,

  Nice outline.  What still bothers me is all this is still tied
to trust anchors.  How do we or anyone know or do about a trust
anchor that has been corrupted or otherwise breached?  It is likely
that the knowing of same will be delayed by some time factor and the
potential damage assessment may take even longer.  So there is a real
likelihood of potential harm here...

  Secondly, the same condition could/will apply to CA's Cert Database
with similar results. As some of us already know and has been detected,
reported and documented a few of the larger and well known CA's have had
their Cert databases breached leaving Cert holders from those CA's in
a very uncomfortable if not dangerous position on a number of levels.