On 2011-06-20, at 01:00, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> I think you mean sections 4.6.4, 4.6.5 and 4.6.6. Those sections
> (especially the first two) cover ZSK specific rollover and KSK specific
> roll-over schemes and are relevant in case a zone is subject to a
> KSK/ZSK Split Signing Scheme.
>
> However, if a zone is subject to a Single Type Signing Scheme, different
> roll-over schemes are relevant.
>
> The main component of 4.6 already says:
>
>   This component covers all aspects of zone signing, including the
>   cryptographic specification surrounding the Key Signing Key and Zone
>   Signing Key, *signing scheme* and methodology for key roll-over and
>   the actual zone signing.
>
> I think 4.6.4 and 4.6.5 cover methodology for key roll-over. I miss a
> section that says "Signing Scheme: This subcomponent describes which
> signing scheme is in use."

I think we may have different conceptions of what a "signing scheme" is (which
may call for clarification of that in the definitions section).

For me, signing scheme is the signature life-time and re-signing frequency,
paired with the key roll-over schedule. What exactly is it you are missing?
What would a drafter put in the "signing scheme" section which does not fit
into any of the other subsections?

-- Fredrik