Now that more people are involved in discussions, this bare name / DNS
search list area seems to look like quite a deep swamp without clear IETF
consensus.

Perhaps we should discuss first if this particular topic (=section 4.6) is
needed in this document at all, because, after all, the focus is on
selecting the DNS server based on matching domains.

Best regards,

        Teemu

It