On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Antoin Verschuren
<antoin.verschu...@sidn.nl> wrote:

> So enough prior art.
> Question is more if we need action and if so what.
> I don't have any knowledge about the US patent system, or any patent
> system as a matter of fact.

perhaps the questions to ask are:
 1) does it hurt the filing entity to file a claim? (verisign in this case)
 2) does it hurt people using the 'prior art' today? (ietf users of
the technology I suppose)
 3) what remediation is verisign expecting today (or ever)?
 4) what's the cost to fight the claim?

I think for 1 there's very little cost (none maybe), so the rest don't
really matter... file all the patent applications!! (there's a meme
about this...)