On 12/10/12 16:20, Joseph Gersch wrote:
> We had posted an updated draft on the reverse-DNS naming
> convention for CIDR address blocks and asked to discuss this at the
> Atlanta meeting.  Did you miss this request? - Joe Gersch

Yes we saw it.

The principal place for discussion is the mailing list, and ideally
the WG meeting should be reserved for topics that have previously been
discussed on the list but would benefit from a face to face
discussion.  Admittedly we don't always adhere to that principle, but
it does guide our decision.

The decision whether or not to have a meeting is always finely
balanced. We have to book a slot quite far in advance of the IETF,
which we always do.  But before the publication of the final IETF
agenda, we have to make a judgement as to whether we have the suitable
topics for a meeting or whether suitable topics are likely to arise
between then and the date of the meeting.  What we don't want is to
either cancel the meeting once announced in the final agenda, or to
have a ridiculously short meeting because of lack of material.

In this case, we looked at what had been discussed since the last
meeting and the feedback we got from the working group in response to
our request for topics, and decided that we didn't have enough
suitable material to justify a meeting this time.

Stephen