You may remember this draft from a couple of years ago.  People keep asking
me what a residential ISP should do for IPv6 PTR records, and I keep
repeating what's in the draft.
The intent is to document existing solutions, since prepopulating PTRs like
we did in IPv4 doesn't work.  Last time I brought it to DNSOP, there was
interest, but not necessarily as a working group document.  Since it's been
a while, and the operator community is still asking for guidance, I've
updated it, and would like a renewed review of it as an individual
submission (unless this WG or v6ops wants it).

Filename:        draft-howard-isp-ip6rdns
Revision:        05
Title:           Reverse DNS in IPv6 for Internet Service Providers
Creation date:   2012-11-20
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-howard-isp-ip6rdns-05
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-howard-isp-ip6rdns-05

Abstract:
   In IPv4, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) commonly provide IN-
   ADDR.ARPA. information for their customers by prepopulating the zone
   with one PTR record for every available address.  This practice does
   not scale in IPv6.  This document analyzes different approaches for
   ISPs to manage the ip6.arpa zone for IPv6 address space assigned to
   many customers.

Thanks,

Lee