Hi,

We've been discussing internally whether or not including DS records into a
zone without respective NS record(s) makes any sense (assuming that there are
no other RRSETs for the respective label in the zone itself - pure "delegation"
scenario)... My personal assumption is that it does not, since the DS record
can never be used to verify the information in the (unreachable) delegated
zone?

On a related (although slightly off topic) issue, we were also assuming that
EPP status values "serverHold" as well as "clientHold" do affect both NS as
well as DS records.

Comments appreciated.

thanks,
Alex Mayrhofer