On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, Dan York wrote:

Now, in this case the attackers compromised the local network devices and took
over control of the local recursive resolvers.  In this
case of the attacker controlling the recursive resolver, I don't know that any
of the various solutions thrown around today would do
anything to help with this.

Run a local resolver and reconfigure it automatically (eg using
dnssec-trigger and friends) to use the DHCP obtained DNS servers
only as forwarders.

 I don't even see DNSSEC helping much here, either, given that the attacker
could just strip out the DNSSEC
info (unless, perhaps, the home computers were running full (vs stub) recursive
resolvers that also did DNSSEC-validation).

If the domains were signed, even if you used the rogue DNS as forwarder,
you would at least notice you are under attack.

Paul