At 15:47 27-03-2014, Joe Abley wrote:
There was a plan underway to roll the KSK. I was at ICANN briefly when that started (I spoke publicly, albeit briefly about it in the dnsop meeting in Berlin). I'm no longer at ICANN and hence no longer have anything authoritative to say, but it seems plausible that the events leading up to NTIA's announcement the other week caused some delays or rescheduling of the KSK roll project. A KSK roll would be a good opportunity to change the key size.

Yes, assuming that there is a reason for such a change [1].

I could not find any report about the outcome of the Rollover consultation.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. "To date, despite huge efforts, no one has broken a regular 1024-bit key; in fact, the best completed attack is estimated to be the equivalent of a 700-bit key. An attacker breaking a 1024-bit signing key would need to expend phenomenal amounts of networked computing power in a way that would not be detected in order to break a single key. Because of this, it is estimated that most zones can safely use 1024-bit keys for at least the next ten years." That was the IETF Consensus in 2012.