Sorry for the delayed reply...

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzme...@nic.fr> wrote:

Your comments on the draft are very good and I agree with them. Minor
quibble, though:

> Note also that "required" and "necessary" are used in the draft but
> never defined. In a referral, the only RRset (for non-DNSSEC answers)
> which is really required is the NS set. Glue records are not required
> (you can always make a specific request for them: it means one more
> RTT but it will work).

I don't think this is right: if you ask a parent zone name server for a
glue record, you will get a referral to the child just as if you asked for
any other record in the child zone. So glue records have to be present in
referrals.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
South Biscay: Variable 4 becoming cyclonic then mainly westerly 5 or 6. Slight