Paul Hoffman wrote:

>>> Yes they have, and yes it would. However, they are not focused on SRV (nor
>>> URI) at the current time.
>>
>> What _are_ they focused on?
>
> Transport and layering of messages within the protocol and, to a lesser
> extent, interaction with TLS.

I'm afraid exchanges of the messages within the protocol need
extra time, which can be too long.

Though Mark wrote:

: Everytime I have mentioned SRV records to HTTP folks they
: say it won't work as the extra lookup takes too long.

one can lookup A, AAAA and SRV in parallel and positive answer
to SRV, as Paul mentioned, can have additional A and AAAA RRs.

                                                Masataka Ohta

PS

Even without SRV, extra lookup for DNSSEC takes tooooooooooooo
looooooooooong, even though the root zone operated by ISOC/ICANN,
both of which are under US legislation, is not very trustworthy.