>So, I have 2 drafts that I'd really appreciate feedback on - one of
>the is the .alt TLD document (which many of y'all have already read):
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-alt-tld-01

This brings the delightful semi-anarchy of Usenet to the DNS, which is
not necessarily a bad thing.  (Usenet still works pretty well if you
ignore the alt.* groups.)

I get the impression that the plan is that .alt is for things like
.onion that are implemented completely outside the DNS in application
specific ways, and would have to be intercepted at a layer no lower
than a stub resolver and probably higher.  Would it also be
appropriate for the sort of link-local names people typically do with
.home that often resolve A or AAAA records with addresses only locally
visible?

R's,
John