Ralf Weber <d...@fl1ger.de> wrote:

> I think if we think of the resolver having another auth root server at
> localhost the logic is easier to understand makes much more sense as
> DNSSEC protections would kick in even if someone managed to inject a bad
> zone.

I think that is too simplistic: simply slaving the root zone doesn't give
you any good way to detect or recover from a corrupted zone transfer. By
the time normal DNSSEC validation has detected any problems it is too
late.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
FitzRoy: Northerly 4 or 5, increasing 6 or 7 in south, perhaps gale 8 later in