ogud> We want humans in the loop, I would love to see a twitter feed
ogud> when ever Comcast does a Negative Trust Anchor.

phoffman> Like https://twitter.com/ComcastDNS, for example? Either
phoffman> things haven't been failing much lately, or they're not
phoffman> updating it as often as we had hoped.

jlivingood> And in nearly every case I have seen so far we have had PR
jlivingood> involved since we have usually gotten press calls about it
jlivingood> or could expect to (in the NASA.gov example it was
jlivingood> ironically enough MSNBC).

There have been a bunch of staff changes and additions in the comcast
DNS group and use of dns.comcast.net and the @comcastdns twitter feed
has been neglected.

And as Jason points out, we also get to brief our PR as part of the
process.

That said, I'd like to get more consistent about using both methods for
positive and negative news about our DNS.

As for NTAs, I've been at Comcast since Feb and can only recall 2 NTAs
installed on external sites in all that time. And I'm OK with that. I
see NTA as a tool that we should try to never use but which is
invaluable when we do need it.

My agenda in pushing this draft is not to advocate wide spread use but
to guarantee that all of my vendors have an RFC to code against so that
I have consistent behavior and plenty of server choices for server
diversity.