Scott Rose:

Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:
> Ed Lewis did a similar remark. The idea is to have one short word for
> "something which is a violation of the RFC". Any idea for a better
> word, less legally loaded?

Non-conformant.

> That being said, not doing minimisation for some qtypes seem to be
> an overoptimisation, not worth the complexity. Also, OPENPGPKEY is a
> bad example because it is a case where there is PII even after the
> second label so Qname m12n is *more* important for this type.

On a barely related note, qname min helps with the logical progression
of the DNSSEC chain when a signed subdomain of a signed domain is
hosted on the same machine.  With longest match rules a full qname
means the resolver has to infer that there's a missing link it needs
to go back and ask about.