> David Conrad <mailto:d...@virtualized.org>
> Friday, November 14, 2014 1:10 PM
> Hi,
>
> I think AS112 is a red herring: it doesn't prove anything that wasn't
> already known ages ago (i.e., BGP works).
>
> I believe a better (still not perfect) analogy would be 6to4 and I'd
> refer to the discussion around
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-08.

my reason for mentioning AS112 is that its target protocol is UDP
request-response (that is, DNS itself, same as for scalingroot-00), and
is in my opinion more relevant to this discussion than the 6to4
experience, where multi-roundtrip protocols such as TCP/80 were meant to
be carried.

nevertheless:

> However, I'm a bit confused: AFAIK, we're talking about a draft that
> has been revised and that revision has not been submitted to DNSOP for
> consideration (yet). Perhaps it would make sense to defer discussion
> until the revised draft is more generally available?

strong +1 here. i've issued and then discussed my apologia for the poor
readability and high controversy of scalingroot-00, and i'd be grateful
if we could postpone any more scalingroot-XX discussion until after
scalingroot-00 is published.

--
Paul Vixie