> Niall O'Reilly <mailto:niall.orei...@ucd.ie>
> Thursday, January 08, 2015 2:39 AM
> At Sun, 04 Jan 2015 14:15:17 -0800,
>
> I don't understand.
>
> Such a definition seems to be cheerfully violated in the case of
> http://dk/

yup. and true to my words, that url will work in some places, and not in
others. as a local-seeming name it will often be tried with search lists
first, which might find a dk.vix.com or whatever locally, and it will
often not be tried as a dns name, since the definition of a "host" in
rfc 952 and elsewhere is label . label [. label] ...".

i am never cheerful about things that work differently depending on what
OS, what libraries, what browser, what ISP, or what search lists and/or
what dns content is "more local" to me. you can of course be cheerful
about those things if you want.

--
Paul Vixie