On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 10:58 AM, <jin...@wide.ad.jp> wrote:

> - Using my server side configuration example of 2001:db8::/32 and
>   2001:db8:2::/48 again.  With this definition of SCOPE and caching
>   behavior at the Recursive Server, the Recursive Server would have
>   to cache separate responses for all of the 64K prefixes that match
>   2001:db8::/48.

Correction: I realized I was wrong here...the Recursive Server would
*only* have to cache 17 prefixes:
2001:db8:8000::/33
2001:db8:4000::/34
2001:db8:0004::/46
2001:db8:0000::/47
2001:db8:0002::/48
2001:db8:0003::/48

This still seems to be costly compared to just caching the matched
prefix (at the cost of having suboptimal cases), but maybe it's
marginal based on the fact that the Recursive Server would require a
lot of cache anyway.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya