On 3/12/15, 6:31, "Florian Weimer" <fwei...@redhat.com> wrote:

>And does anyone actually use opt out with NSEC3?

Currently twenty-one TLDs use NSEC3 with 0 iterations and no salt.
Nineteen more use no salt with more than 1 iteration.

That's just a count of what's in the root zone delegations.  I haven't
asked if they all use NSEC3 for opt-out, but given those parameters and
based on at least one private conversation with one of the operators, I'm
sure these are 40 cases of zones using NSEC3 for it's opt-out capability.
 (Subsets of the 40 zones are operated by the same entity, so it's not
necessarily 40 operators.)