On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org>
wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2015, at 6:53 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <ph...@hallambaker.com>
> wrote:
> > Its a bug in the spec.
>
> The terminology document is the wrong place to deal with bugs in the spec.
> We are happy to list differences of opinion about what a term means if they
> appear in different RFCs, but not to try to fix bugs.
>
> --Paul Hoffman

Maybe.

But what might help clear up some of the confusion would be to redefine
them as pseudo-records rather than DNS RRs.

The problem with glue records is that they are not properly in the DNS name
space. They do not originate from the server that is authoritative for the
zone in question. They cannot and should not be used for any purpose other
than interpreting the zone delegation passed in the same message.

The terminology document might be the wrong place to admit that they are a
bad idea but we can flag them as not being part of the Internet DNS name
space.