On 5/14/15 6:48 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On May 14, 2015, at 2:52 PM, joel jaeggli <joe...@bogus.com> wrote:
>> It would be super-annoying for delegations to nameservers that do
>> not exist to occur for these, because not only will there be
>> trillions of them but I get to wait for them to time out, so
>> delegation to cpe for example seems like a non-starter.
>
> It would help if you would consider the existing body of work that's
> been discussed on this very topic before drawing unwarranted
> conclusions.

managing on behalf of a customer and automatically delegating are rather
different I agree.

I am aware of

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-02

which is where homenet seems to be.

I look somewhat unfavorably on the act of automatically populating zones
 on a customers behalf upstream of their cpe for the same reason I not
so interested in autmatically injecting host-id signaling, or in fact
from dynmic dns updates using host-id. if the data has meaning it has
privacy implications and that involves consent and if it doesn't then
I'm not sure what utility it has over wildcard records.