On 07/19/2015 01:11 PM, Tom Ritter wrote:
> On 18 July 2015 at 04:25, Joel M. Halpern <j...@joelhalpern.com> wrote:
>> Major issues: It seems to this reviewer that at least the definition of how
>> to use these names, reference tor-rendezvous, needs to be a normative
>> reference.  It appears likely that tor-address also ought to be a normative
>> reference.
>>
>> Minor issues:  It is not clear that a github reference without version
>> identification is sufficiently stable for a normative reference from an RFC.
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> hellekin started a discussion on the tor-dev list about getting a URI
> for the specs that can serve as a stable pointer to
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/ and a version
> identifier.  So we're working on this.

*** And, it's done!

https://spec.torproject.org/ now hosts links to the future-proof URIs
for the Tor specifications.  Internet-Draft authors can now use:

- https://spec.torproject.org/tor-spec for the Tor Protocol specification
- https://spec.torproject.org/rend-spec for the Tor Rendezvous specification
- https://spec.torproject.org/address-spec for the Special Hostnames in Tor

When the IETF releases the RFCs for Tor specifications in the future,
existing IETF documentation will happily point to the correct documents.

Thanks to the Tor team for their prompt response!

==
hk