On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzme...@nic.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 12:50:37PM +0800,
>  延志伟 <yanzhi...@cnnic.cn> wrote
>  a message of 113 lines which said:
>
>> #Z. W. Yan: we will revised it as: "an authoritative name server
>> #operator can ensure that the recursive server that the client is
>> #using has all the answers in its cache from the authoritative point
>> #of view".
>
> Sorry, but it is false, for the reasons explained in my first
> message. You cannot ensure that.

Yah, true. The recursive server is free to not accept responses, to
evict cache entries early, to <gulp> stretch TTL, etc.

An authoritative name server can provide information so that the
recursive server that the client is using can populate its cache if
wants to...?

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf