I've read draft-muks-dnsop-dns-message-checksums-01.  I think it's
quite well written.

I have a couple of comments about the draft:

1. I wonder whether this should be merged to draft-ietf-dnsop-cookies,
   as both try to solve the same/similar problems with quite similar
   approaches (note: I believe I understand the difference, and I'm
   not saying dnsop-cookies will make dns-message-checksums
   unnecessary).
2. Regarding the possibility of downgrade attack, you might want to a
   perhaps obvious (and weak) counter measure: cache the availability
   of the feature per peer and use it as a hint for further queries.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya