On Thursday, November 05, 2015 10:16:19 AM Tim WIcinski wrote:
> I believe the IESG guidance given to us is that no Special Use Domain
> Names will be addressed until the 6761 "scaling issue" has a direction.

tellingly, the technologies that will surround "homenet" will also be relevant
to SOHO and even SMB, not just residential. so, the IESG is showing wisdom
here. let the scope of the need be known, and let the context of the naming be
known, before any more defacto allocations occur.

vixie

re:

> On 11/5/15 10:11 AM, George Michaelson wrote:
> > So can somebody explain to me what we are meant to do with a possible
> > emerging homenet desire for .home?
> >
> > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-homenet-dot-home/
> >
> > because I believe this isn't just the tail of odd requests from the
> > tor people for various hash based names.. its another WG inside the
> > IETF process thinking "oh.. .onion worked, so lets go do one"
> >
> > -G

P. Vixie