Bearing in mind that I like being a purist and could understand the
GET/POST thing in terms of architecture, I'm asking myself if it makes
sense to use GET URL semantics which require super-encoding things to
fit into URL norms, or to use POST semantics where the block of data
might be constrained by what we want to say, but the MIME encodings
are there to make it easier to say what it is, and why its encoded
that way.

I'd also ask myself: what to VPN's do, which use HTTPS as a transport?

I'm pretty sure they use POST. Happy to be proved wrong.

-G