>As I think that I mentioned before, the current draft of DNS-over-HTTP
>is poorly suited for JavaScript. Building and parsing DNS binary
>messages in JavaScript seems like a really hard way to get at the few
>tidbits of information that you actually want.

Having written DNS servers and proxies in perl (using the low level
socket library, not Net::DNS), I think you underestimate the gross
stuff that people do in scripting languages.

Sure, you could try to write something that sugared up the queries
that you thought people would use, but I can promise that before the
toner is dry you'll get complaints from people who want use some
arcana you never thought anyone was interested in.  Just give us the
bits; we can deal with them.

R's,
John