At Mon, 29 Aug 2016 12:01:20 -0400,
Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote:

> > On 29/08/2016 13:46, william manning wrote:
> >> You should probably wait until it's formally added to the root hints
> >> file.
> >
> > It is in the root hints file.
>
> It's also not super urgent.

I didn't mean to say it's urgent or to trigger a panic.

I just happened to notice 'dig @<some-known-root-server> . ns +norec'
now includes AAAA for
e.root-servers.net, and that IPv6 address seems to work as a valid
root server, and the IPv6 address is in
http://root-servers.org/archives/2016-08-26/e-root.yml

All of these seemed to suggest this new IPv6 address is fully
operational and public, yet I don't remember I heard anything about
the addition.  So I thought I should have simply missed something,
and asked it here.  According to this thread, it looks like this is
indeed a news for some others.  If that's the case, perhaps the root
ops might think of a better way of publicizing this type of change
(not only for renumbering an existing address).  Otherwise it might
actually cause some kind of unnecessary "panic" next time.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya