In message <20161122112421.5acef...@pallas.home.time-travellers.org>, Shane Ker
r writes:
> Andrew,
>
> At 2016-11-21 12:16:41 -0500
> Andrew Sullivan <a...@anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 03:50:08PM +0000, Ray Bellis wrote:
> > > As has been mentioned before, there's (currently) no process for this,
> > > but that doesn't mean we can't ask.  The lack of process doesn't mean
> > > it's impossible.
> >
> > No question.  As long as we recognise that we're asking another
> > community for them to do something following their processes, I have
> > no problem with it.  But it's clearly outside IETF change control.
>
> Indeed. And clearly this idea cannot succeed in the ICANN context,
> because my startup, "Local Host", will need the .localhost TLD.
>
> We pick up where AirBNB leaves off! Not only do you get to have the
> experience of visiting another city and stay in a friend's place, but
> you also get the experience of them showing you around to all the
> really cool things to do!!
>
> Local Host: "Hip and cool city trips. Totally not creepy and weird."

Shane is the sarcasm really helpful here?  localhost is already out
of bounds for the gTLD processes at ICANN and you well know that.

As per the gTLD Applicant Guidebook, section 2.2.1.2.1 Reserved
Names in version 2012-01-11 [1].

Mark

[1] https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/agb/guidebook-full-11jan12-en.pdf

--