On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 07:59:30 GMT
Vernon Schryver <v...@rhyolite.com> wrote:
> > From: ac <a...@main.me>
> > To: dnsop@ietf.org
> > If any of you are thinking about speaking your mind, there are
> > consequences.
> What consequences are those, besides subjecting me to two instead of
> only one copy of a message that doesn't seem to contain improved words
> for the RPZ draft?
> > v...@rhyolite.com
> > host smtp.rhyolite.com [192.188.61.3]
> > SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
> > 550 5.7.1 mail uBI4vMnA039102 from 188.40.114.80 rejected by DCC
> My logs show that the copy of the message sent directly from
> hostacc.com at 188.40.114.80 to my mail system was rejected because
> it lacked a Message-ID header.  I've long recommended that heuristic
> because it has few false positives and a high rate of true
> positives.  It's particularly good against bottom rung spam such as
> pillz and 419; senders of higher quality spam tend to use higher
> quality spamware.

okay, I accept your explanation and I apologize. you are bouncing me
emails because your email system is broken and not because you are
vindictive.

Please excuse my initial assumption, as it is I am questioning your
ethics, and to take one leap further, is not such a large leap.

For the record: It is a courtesy, when replying to a poster on a
mailing list to reply to all, this allows the poster to receive the
reply ahead of the posters relay position on that mailing list.

Regarding "Message-ID header"  - factually, over 80% of all spam
(I have not bothered to do the actual number check, it is probably closer
to 99.99% but I am erring on the side of caution - as this is science
and not opinion, it is what it is)

- All contain a Message-ID header.

Hard bounce on such a trivial rule, is also clearly what it is.

Andre