On 2016-12-21 21:44, Nolan Berry wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I will keep my feedback short and to the point.  We have implemented RPZ
> across our resolvers and it has been a fantastic tool to stop botnet
> C&Cs and outbound DDoS attacks.  I just wanted to say it has been an
> extremely valuable tool to us here at Rackspace and provide some
> positive feedback since this thread seems fairly negative.

<rewritten to greater effect in order to polarize the discussion even more>
I will keep my feedback short and to the point.  My non-democratic
country have implemented RPZ across our resolvers and it has been a
fantastic tool to stop free speech, improve national security and
minimize the distribution of disinformation.  I just wanted to say it
has been an extremely valuable tool to us here for our government and
provide some positive feedback since this thread seems fairly negative.
</>

Even shorter, RPZ might be a good tool, but definitely not something
that the IETF should promote in any way without a big enough warning
sign that there are dragons lying around.