to come along (.homenet?) will likely be different from any of the
existing ones, this strikes me as akin to asking for a pony.

Some people in the discussion wanted ICANN to do something. This is
akin to asking for an unicorn (at least, ponies do exist).

I wouldn't disagree.

If you just want a list of the names so your recursive resolver can
stub them out, we already have that, of course.

URL, please, with the expected behavior of the resolver when queried
for the domain.

It's the IANA list of special use domains:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/special-use-domain-names/special-use-domain-names.xml also available as CSV for the traditionally inclined.

As I said, you might want to have your resolver stub these out to prevent leakage if it doesn't know how to handle them. I use unbound, where it's easy to turn them into "local-zone <name> always_nxdomain" which won't make applications very happy, but at least they won't leak.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY