Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag-04: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag/

COMMENT:

- abstract: referring to section 1.1 from here seems wrong,
the abstract ought be readable by itself

- section 5: Is the key tag query only and solely intended to
allow the authoritative to track how clients are paying
attention (or not) to key rollovers? If there's another
purpose I'm not clear about it.

- 5.3: "I believe that to be..." seems like the wrong language
to use with >1 author.

- section 7/8: Is there a missing security/privacy
consideration here, in that an authoritative server here could
arrange to hand out key tags that are specific to (in the
limit) each query, so that when the resolver queries a
sub-domain, and thereafter, the client will be identifiable to
the authoritative server?  One could do this by generating new
keys per querier so that if I ask about example.com I get
given a tag that's unique to me, and then some web content
pushes me to ask about www.example.com and every time I do
that I emit that user-specific key tag. While that'd be
unlikely for a large zone, it might be feasible as a tracker
if some "bad" domain sets up a specific subdomain for such
purposes. That said, I'm not clear how much better this is for
the attacker compared to simply using a tracking name in the
authority component of the URL for e.g. some 1x1 gif.