also +1.

if we define them beyond deprecated to REMOVED then we get some
confidence its the pool of dead code who remain at risk, should
threats emerge.

if we leave them in validation, we can't tell if 'modern' technology
is exposed to risk we didn't understand as attacks get better.

RC4 got removed from browsers. RC4 got removed from OpenSSH. I know
we're a different crypto use-case, but I think we should reflect on
this.

-G