On Tue, September 5, 2017 09:04, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 06:09:06AM +0200,
>  Walter H. <walte...@mathemainzel.info> wrote
>  a message of 20 lines which said:
>
>> I see it exact this, and it would be fair to prevent future bugs with
>> defining one or two FAKE TLDs (e.g. .corp, .lan) for exact this use
>> case;
>
> Why does it need to be a TLD (see all the discussions here about
> Special Use Domain Names, .alt, .alt.arpa, etc)?

.alt is a TLD ...

> Why not lan.mycompany.com?

because mycompany.com is in WHOIS ..., see below

>> - there isn't really a uniqness as requirement
>
> As I said before, and explained, you're wrong here,

no, because nobody said, that uniqness is forbidden ..., and uniqness
implicitly requires the other point which I'd say, that MUST NOT

>> - a public WHOIS grabbing for these domains needn't also be given;
>
> With a subdomain of your Second Level Domain, no need for WHOIS (or
> RDAP).

you are wrong ...
the subdomain is part of the Second Level Domain and so there is a need
for WHOIS (or RDAP) for the Second Level Domain ...