As promised, here's an -01 that addresses the concrete feedback in the
adoption thread. A brief summary is in the doc
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-let-localhost-be-localhost-01#appendix-B.1,
but an even briefer summary is that it removes the waffling on the secure
delegation question by mandating the current behavior of returning NXDOMAIN
along with NSEC records constituting a secure denial of existence. That
seemed to me to be where the thread's consensus landed.

I welcome any and all feedback on the draft. :)

-mike